Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Emphasis Assignment"

  •  For contrast I chose a screen shot from the movie Sweeney Todd. I believe the chair being red is meant to place the emphasis on Sweeney Todd.

  • For isolation I chose this photo of a single antelope in the desert next to a tree. I believe the feeling of isolation comes from the absence of other life.

  • So for placement I chose a simple ring of coffee mugs. The emphasis comes from the way the cups are positioned, in a ring, all handles in, evenly spaced.

  • I thought this was a good example of the one element emphasis because the focal point is the weave in the basket but then I thought that this could also be used as an absence of focal if you don't know what you are looking at. Right?

  • Absence of focal point - Andy Warhol's 100 CANS,  an image of 100 identical soup cans in a 10 X 10 pattern there is no one place to be drawn to.

No comments:

Post a Comment